Did you know that the breakfast is the most important meal of the day? Yes, dear! Experts suggest that you eat a full breakfast meal (proportional amounts of protein, carbohydrates, and fats) every single day. Also, based on studies, people who eat breakfast regularly can lose weight faster than those who don’t. If you are not big on breakfast, whether you think it’s boring or you just don’t have time to prepare it, these delicious recipes will surely change your mind. Check out these 5 awesome breakfast recipes for a flat tummy.
Mexican-Style Breakfast Ranch
1 can (15 oz.) pink beans, washed and drained
4 large eggs
1 cup avocado, sliced
1 regular-sized bell pepper, sliced thinly
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp. ground cumin
4 scallions, chopped
4 Tbsp. Greek yogurt
4 Tbsp. salsa, any brand you prefer
8 pcs. (6-inch) corn tortillas, toasted
Hot sauce, optional
- In a non-stick pan over medium high heat, add the cumin and stir it for 20-30 seconds.
- Toss the beans, bell pepper, garlic, and scallions into the pan. Sauté it for a minute before pouring the broth in. Bring this to a boil then reduce the heat to medium. Simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Once the beans are tender enough, mush it using a big wooden spoon.
- You’ll notice that most of the broth will evaporate and that’s totally fine. What you need to do is make 4 holes or indentations and then crack the eggs on each hole. Cook for another 10 minutes.
- Divide and transfer the dish into 4 plates. Serve each plate with yogurt, salsa, and 2 tortillas. You can add a dash of hot sauce if you want.
English Muffin Tomato Pesto and Egg
2 English muffins, sliced and toasted
4 large eggs
1 tsp. olive oil
9 oz. pack fresh spinach, wash and drained
1/3 cup Greek yogurt
¼ cup sun-dried tomato pesto
1 tsp. vinegar
¼ tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. black pepper, freshly ground
- Pour some oil in a pan over medium high heat. When the oil is hot, toss in the spinach and stir it until it is wilted. Turn the heat off and set the spinach aside.
- In a small bowl, stir in the pesto into the Greek yogurt. Take 4 tablespoons of this mixture and combine with the wilted spinach. Save the rest and set everything aside for a little while.
- Fill a saucepan with about 1-2 inches of water. Bring it to a boil then add the salt and vinegar. Stir it vigorously then crack the egg into the water. Cover the pan and let it simmer for 3-5 minutes or longer is you want your egg well-done. Once cooked, drain the eggs.
- Divide the spinach evenly onto the 4 muffin slices. Place an egg on each one then top it with the remaining yogurt mixture.
Nutty Oatmeal Bowl with Granny Smith
2 ½ cup milk, preferably full fat
1 cup water
1 ¼ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1 medium-sized Granny Smith apple, cored and sliced thinly
¼ cup raisins
½ cup walnuts, chopped
½ cup dried cranberries
½ cup pecans or almonds, chopped
2 tsp. brown sugar
1. In a saucepan over medium heat, pour in 1 and ½ cups milk and a cup of water. Bring it to a boil.
2. Add the rolled oats then give it a good stir. Make sure to reduce the heat to about medium low and simmer for 3-5 minutes.
3. Toss in the apples into the pan. Let it further simmer for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add and stir in the raisins and cranberries, then turn the heat off. Let is sit there for a minute or so.
5. Divide the dish into 4 bowls. Garnish it with walnuts, pecans, sugar, and some more milk.
PBB Morning Smoothie
½ cup milk, preferably coconut or almond milk
½ cup Greek yogurt
2 Tbsp. peanut butter, any brand you prefer
1 small ripe banana
1 Tbsp. pure honey
5 Ice cubes, or as much as you want
1. Pour the milk and Greek yogurt into a high-speed blender. Add the banana, peanut butter, honey, and ice cubes.
2. Put the lid on and blend everything until smooth and creamy.
3. Pour in a glass or on-the-go tumbler.
– Make sure that you pour in the liquids first so it would be easier for your blender to puree everything.
– You may freeze the banana before using in this recipe then just adjust the number of ice cubes you want to use.
– You can add more ice cubes in your glass or tumbler then pour in the smoothie after blending.
Creamy Berry-Granola Parfait
1 large banana, sliced
1 ½ cup granola
1 cup raspberries, or a mixture of berries
6 oz. Greek yogurt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1. In a tall slim glass, layer up the fruits, granola, and yogurt – in whichever order you want.
– You can use or add other fruits like apples, peaches, kiwis, and a lot more.
– You can add chopped nuts or raisins to give your parfait a bit more crunch.
There you go folks! Those are the breakfast recipes that I personally love and I know for sure that they are nutritious and effective in de-bloating your tummies. Hope you like them!